Energy & Renewables
This team brings together the collective expertise from our banking, corporate and commercial and property teams with extensive experience of working with developers, banks, local authorities, landowners and funders. Our experience includes advising on all aspects of project development and finance, the sale and purchase of energy projects, power generation agreements, energy trading and dispute resolution by way of expert determination. We have particular expertise in regulatory, competition, public procurement and EU law matters in the energy sector.
In the renewables sector, we advise on:
- Wind Farms – from both a lender or landowner
- Energy from waste – anaerobic digesters
- Solar panels on residential and commercial properties.
Energy projects can be complex and often require legal advice across a range of specialisms. Our expertise includes:
- Property and construction
- Corporate and commercial – organisation, structures and contractual documentation
- Regulatory matters
- Financing and funding – bank or private equity, including all due diligence
- Local Authorities and Statutory Bodies
We are currently advising a client on the roll-out of Solar photovoltaic (PV) panels across all of Northern Ireland.